In celebration of Canada’s Parks Day on July 21, 2012, Manitoba Provincial Parks will be free this weekend.
“Thousands of people mark Canada’s Parks Day every year by taking part in fun, educational, family-orientated events in parks and historic sites across the country,” said Mackintosh. “To help families celebrate, entry to all provincial parks will be free this weekend and a number of interesting events will be held in parks around the province.”
Here are a few events happening on July 21, 2012:
* Hecla Grindstone Provincial Park, 8 p.m. – learn about how parks play an important role in preserving Manitoba’s special creatures and places at the firepit near the marina;
* Bakers Narrows Provincial Park near Flin Flon, 1 to 2 p.m. – celebrate with cake and refreshments at the new picnic shelter in the campground area;
* Clearwater Lake Provincial Park, 12:30 p.m. – show off your creativity by decorating your bike or wagon and joining the parade at the Camper’s Cove campground office;
* Grand Beach Provincial Park, 8 to 9 p.m. – try some bannock and join in the campfire stories at the firepit near the amphitheatre; and
* Pinawa Dam Heritage Park, 10 a.m. – take a guided tour of the historic Pinawa Dam or participate in the in motion treasure hunt and explore on your own.
More information about Canada’s Parks Day celebrations is available at www.parksday.ca.