Curbside Yard Waste Collection Begins April 30
Winnipeg has been getting some amazing weather and if you’ve been itching to do some yard work then now’s the time! The City’s seasonal yard waste collection program will begin the week of April 30, 2018.
Yard waste will be collected at the curb once every two weeks, on the same collection day as recycling and garbage. Yard waste collection dates are separated into two areas.
- Yard waste collection “Area A” begins Monday, April 30, 2018
- Yard waste collection “Area B” begins Monday, May 7, 2018
Residents can find out if their collection day is “Area A” or “Area B” by:
- Downloading the free My Waste app at winnipeg.ca/mywaste
- Visiting City of Winnipeg – Recycling, Garbage and Yard Waste Collection Days for a printable calendar
- Phoning 311
Yard waste can be put in:
- any reusable container without a lid (e.g., plastic tubs, old blue boxes, old metal or plastic garbage containers) – containers should not be broken or damaged
- cardboard boxes
- paper yard waste bags (available at many stores such was Home Depot, Rona, Canadian Tire, etc)
Yard waste stored in plastic bags are not accepted because they do not break down and will ruin the finished compost.
Yard waste containers should be placed to the side of their recycling and garbage carts. Make sure to leave an arm’s length between yard waste containers and recycling and garbage carts.
The program will continue until November, depending on the weather.