Winnipeg Humane Society is offering a pretty awesome course – Pet First Aid.
The course will covering the following skills – which more pet owners should be trained for:
* how to approach a sick or injured dog or cat
* safe restraint and transport
* recognition and assessment of an emergency involving your pet
* to give lifesaving rescue breathing and CPR to cats and dogs with practice on a manikin used by veterinary schools
* choking, shock and severe bleeding
* how to handle common emergencies
* making a pet first aid kit and preparing for emergencies
* local contacts for pet welfare and emergencies
The cost of the course is $65 per person and it will be on July 19th from 6pm -10pm.
Registration is limited. To reserve your spot call Lindsay at 982-3555.