Sobey’s Extra will be replacing the former Safeway at the newly constructed Fort Richmond Plaza at 2860 Pembina Hwy. An opening date has yet to be announced.
Sobeys’ first introduced the extra designation in 2013. Sobeys extra offers consumers an enhanced Sobeys shopping experience with extra departments, extra products, extra experts and services.
All purchases are backed by Sobeys 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: any purchase can be returned or replaced if the customer is not happy with it.
What can customers expect at Sobeys extra?
In addition to Sobeys produce, meat, seafood, bakery, floral experts and our Sobeys pharmacists, the store is pleased to introduce the following experts to help guide customers through food discovery and education:
- In-store Chef offers advice, food tastings and classes, to help customers discover new products and great meal solutions.
- Wellbeing Counsellor answers health and diet questions, and helps shoppers discover better food.
- Cheese Ambassador provides expert guidance in selecting from hundreds of available cheeses, along with new entertaining ideas.
- The new Special Events Centre is an inviting and well-equipped space for better food and wellbeing events hosted by Sobeys’ food and health experts.
Extra Departments and Products
Sobeys Extra has expanded its products to ensure an abundance of fresh, quality choices for customers.
- Sobeys’ Kitchen: Customers can enjoy fresh ready-to-eat or ready-to-heat prepared meals daily right from Sobeys Kitchen, including freshly made sushi and noodle dishes; stone oven-baked pizza; hot roast beef dinners from the Carvery; freshly roasted coffee and fruity smoothies from the Smoothie Bar.
- Expanded Bakery: Offers Artisan Bread baked in store with pure ingredients; store-made Montreal and New York style bagels; real cream topped fruit cakes; all-butter pastries and gourmet cakes.
- Natural Source and Wellbeing Departments: More than 4,000 products that support health, energy and diet goals including organic, sugar-free options, vitamin supplements and natural healthcare products. Also available are more than 600 gluten-free products.
- Expanded Produce Department: Offers ready-to-eat, store-made cut fruit and salads, pre-cut vegetables, a wide variety of organic and local produce and Signature Sobeys fresh programs like potatoes displayed by usage and tomatoes by sweetness. Consumers can trust that Sobeys is providing the freshest and tastiest ingredients for their next meal, and helping them eat better food.
- Premium Meat and Seafood Departments: Feature expert butchers who will custom cut meat for any occasion. Customers will find a vast selection of value-added meat and seafood preparations that are ready to cook, Certified Humane beef, pork and chicken, as well as MSC Certified fish products.
- Premium Cheese and Deli Departments: Offer a wide selection of specialty deli meats and cheeses. New samples daily.
- In addition to weekly and monthly specials, Sobeys aspires to be Burlington’s low-price destination on essential items that customers regularly purchase, like butter, chicken, eggs, milk and potatoes; and better food choices, such as almond milk, organic bananas, organic eggs, and quinoa.
- Sobeys helps make the better food basket affordable by price checking over 3,000 items monthly, offering over 3,000 low-price features, providing bonus Club Sobeys Points on over 1,000 products, and offering more than 4,000 Private Label products.