The Manitoba Government has allowed non-critical retailers to open on Monday, May 4, 2020 as long as they practice very strict social distancing rules.
Effective Monday, May 4, 2020, the St. Vital Shopping Centre will be open the following hours:
- Monday to Friday 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday 11:00am to 6:00pm
Not all of their entrances will be open in order to accommodate proper social distancing. There will only be two entrances open:
- Entrance 1 near London Drugs
- Entrance 4 near Dynacare
Rules in place include:
- Employees with a fever or cold- and flu-like symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, runny nose, or body aches are required to stay home.
- Regularly disinfecting common areas throughout the day, particularly areas such as restrooms, seating areas, and high-frequency touchpoints throughout the Centre.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at entrances and in common areas.
- Encouraging social distancing practices, including the use of distancing markers in the Centre.
- Installed new signage reminding shoppers and employees of safety precautions.
- Business and service providers that choose to re-open are responsible for maintaining occupancy levels in order to allow staff and customers to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres, except for brief exchanges.
- All businesses are required to limit occupancy to 50 percent of normal business levels. These requirements will be enforceable under public health orders.
Retailers are expected to re-open gradually. To confirm if a store has re-opened, call them directly. A list of all stores and their phone numbers can be found at https://stvitalcentre.com/stores.