IMG_0520 Originally uploaded by AccessWinnipeg

Got this in the mail yesterday as probably the rest of you… but in case you missed it…

Starting June 1, 2009, you will need a passport if you want to travel to the United States.

Sorry the photo is a bit blurry but you can call 1-800-O-CANADA (1-800-622-6232) or visit for more information.

To make it clear, you always needed a passport to travel to the United States by air, but if you were traveling by land, 2 pieces of government issued ID usually worked. This will no longer be the case – you will need a passport to enter the United States if you’re traveling by land air or water. This is especially for those who travel to Grand Forks, Fargo, or Minneapolis during the long weekends.

If for whatever reason a passport is not an option for you, then you can try these alternate methods.