police sign.JPG Originally uploaded by MontroseDP
The City opened up its first new police station in 40 years today at 1750 Dugald Road. It contains staff from both the old District Four station on Pandora Avenue West and the District Five station on Provencher Boulevard which are now closed.
The 33,000 square feet station has room for 200 employees and cost $12 million to build. Similar to other power-smart buildings in Winnipeg (such as Red River College Princess), the station is built with energy efficient technologies and plenty of natural lighting. The facility also has a gym and a quiet room for staff.