Starting today, a Canadian Passport is now required to enter the US.

You can call 1-800-O-CANADA (1-800-622-6232) or visit for more information on obtaining a Canadian passport. If a passport isn’t for you, you can try an enhanced ID card.

The US border agency states they will be lenient during the first few months, but I don’t think its worth the hour drive assuming they will let you pass without a passport.

Image Passport Originally uploaded by AccessWinnipeg