- This event has passed.
May 10, 2014 - May 11, 2014
Give your reusable unwanted items a new home and keep them out of the landfill!
What to do
- place unwanted, reusable household items at the curb on your front street
- label each item with a “FREE” (pdf – 13kb) sticker or sign
- keep any items safely stored away that you don’t want to give away
- remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday
What to give
- books, CDs and DVDs
- furniture and small appliances
- sports equipment and toys
- yard and gardening equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow throwers, rakes, shovels)
- kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
- unwanted gifts
- construction material including drywall and hardware (e.g., nails, bolts and screws)
What not to give
- any items infested with bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, bedding)
- toilets (with a flush volume of 13 litres or more)
- visit the Consumer Product Safety Bureau to find out about items that aren’t safe to give away (e.g., baby walkers, lawn darts)
- Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE”.
- Respect other people’s property – don’t walk or drive on people’s lawns or gardens.
- Giveaway items should still be in good condition.
- Don’t discard any items on another person’s lawn.
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don’t block traffic, park illegally or block people’s driveways with your vehicle) and watch out for children.