Effective December 31, 2011, new regulations will be in place to protected Manitoban’s looking to purchase a used vehicle.
All dealerships will have to provide the following about the vehicle being purchased:
* it was previously used as a taxicab, police car or rental car,
* it had significant repairs,
* it was declared an insurance write-off,
* it was damaged in a flood,
* it was declared a lemon in another jurisdiction.
Dealers who fail to provide this information can face fines or even imprisonment.
Lemon: a person or thing considered to be useless or defective.