The Animal Services Agency will be hosting a Dog Licensing Event on Friday, April 4 and Saturday, April 5, 2014 to stress the importance of dog licensing in the community. The two-day special event will educate dog owners and the public about the need for dog licensing.
- Friday, April 4: 12 noon to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 5: 12 noon to 4:30 p.m.
- Animal Services Agency, 1057 Logan Avenue
- Licensing special: Purchase a new dog license and receive a micro-chip for only $10. For information on license fees, visit City of Winnipeg – Dog Licensing
- Volunteer drive: Learn about the various volunteer opportunities such as dog walking and socializing.
- Dog sale: All in-house adult dog adoptions are only $99 and include license, micro-chip, spay/neuter, basic shots, food and pet health insurance.
Dogs over six months of age must have and wear a dog license. Any dogs found and sent to Animal Services not wearing a valid license will be held for three days. If they aren’t claimed after 3 days they are placed up for adoption, sent to rescue, or euthanized. Stray dogs found wearing a license are given a free release once a year and will be held up to 10 days at Animal Services.
In 2013, 856 dogs wearing a license were reunited with their owners by simply calling 311. For more information visit http://winnipeg.ca/cao/media/news/nr_2014/nr_20140401.stm#1.