Those who are missing the ‘Boo at the Zoo’ at Assiniboine Park can fill the void with the Halloween Spooktacular! Each weekend in October there will be special Halloween-themed activities included with admission.
“October is a great time to come out to the Zoo!” said Gary Lunsford, Senior Director of Animal Care & Conservation at Assiniboine Park Zoo. “The season is just starting to change and many of our animals are very active in the cooler weather. It’s a great time to see your favourite animals while getting into the spirit of Halloween with all of the extra activities happening at the Zoo!”
- Extra scary Dinosaurs Alive! presented by Artis REIT, specially decorated by Spirit Halloween – Dinosaurs Alive! is going extinct and will only be here for a few more weeks! We’ve made them extra scary and all decked out for Halloween so come see them one last time before they go! Open daily, October 7 -31.
- Creepy animal keeper talks – Conquer your fears of snakes, bats, bugs and spiders and learn about these cool and creepy creatures from the keepers that care for them. Weekends only, check website for keeper talk schedule.
- Hay Bale Maze & Photo Op Spot – Get lost in our hay bale maze located at the Australian Walkabout and then snap of photo of yourself at the photo op spot once you’ve found your way out! There’s also a miniature maze for our littlest visitors. Maze opens October 14.
Mark your calendar for these extra special events taking place on the following weekends:
- October 7 & 8 and 14 & 15 – Get crafty for Halloween and personalize your own pumpkin at our make and take pumpkin decorating station located at the Leatherdale International Polar Bear Conservation Centre, 11:00am – 3 PM while quantities last.
- October 21 & 22 – Celebrate our snow leopards and learn how you can help protect snow leopards and their habitat. There will be hands-on activity stations, special keeper talks, make and take cat toy craft, and limited edition art pieces available for purchase with proceeds supporting the Snow Leopard Trust.
- October 28 & 29 – Dress in your Halloween best and join us for some trick-or-treating at the Zoo! Get spooked at our Haunted House in the Kinsmen Discovery Centre. And take a selfie with Winston, our polar bear mascot and Icky, his Halloween buddy, 11:00am – 1:00pm.
- Plus! – Every weekend there will be face painting and ghost story time at the Leatherdale International Polar Bear Conservation Centre from 11:00am – 3:00pm.
The Zoo is open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm until October 9, open daily from 9:00am – 4:00pm starting October 10. For full promotion details and updated schedule please visit assiniboineparkzoo.ca.