It’s back! Every Friday evening in the month of August, Assiniboine Park will once again provide free family entertainment at the Lyric Theatre with Movies in the Park. They’ll be screening favourite summer blockbusters on a cinema-style outdoor screen. All you have to do is bring a chair, blanket and some snacks!
“We are so excited to bring back music, movies, art and yoga to Assiniboine Park this summer. It is a wonderful tradition and we really missed it last year,” said Laura Cabak, Manager of Communications & Public Relations, Assiniboine Park Conservancy. “We are thrilled to offer these free events to Park visitors and so grateful for the support of our generous sponsors and donors whose commitment to community makes this possible.”
Information for park visitors attending any of the events at the Lyric Theatre:
- Controlled Site – All events at the Lyric Theatre will take place within a large, fenced area with two controlled points of entry. Bubbles will be marked in the grass to encourage physical distancing. There will open areas toward the back of the fenced site.
- Vaccination – All guests age 12+ must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is required. Children under the age of 12 may attend when accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
- Masks – Masks are required when entering indoor washroom facilities and recommended outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Here’s the very impressive 2021 line up for Movies in the Park:
Friday, August 6
- Early Feature (6:30 pm): The Lion King (1994 animated film)
- Late Feature (8:45 pm): Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Friday, August 13
- Early Feature (6:30 pm): Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- Late Feature (8:45 pm): Iron Man
Friday, August 20
- Early Feature (6:30 pm): Zootopia
- Late Feature (8:45 pm): Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
Friday, August 27
- Early Feature (6:30 pm): Onward
- Late Feature (8:45 pm): Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
This is definitely one of our favourite free summer activities and we’re so glad its back! It’s a unique event everyone should experience. As always, Assiniboine Park did a real great job in selecting movies and we’re looking forward to a lot of them!