Boo at the Zoo is back! After being cancelled in 2013, it will make its return this year from October 8 – 31, 2021.
After a 17 season run, the Assiniboine Park Conservancy announced the cancellation of the one-time popular Halloween event in 2013. Due to construction of the Arctic-themed Journey to Churchill exhibit, the exhibit had to be moved to the south-end of the Zoo. Hosting the event in the south-end increased costs dramatically due to the lack of infrastructure and amenities. The early winter weather in October also contributed to a serious drop in attendance which also supported the cancellation.
Boo at the Zoo will return in 2021 and run over the course of 21 nights from October 8 – 31. The Zoo will be transformed into a Mystical Fair by a traveling caravan of witches, wizards, and warlocks!
Visitors will be invited to explore the Mystical Midway, Fairy Graveyard, Spider’s Den, Pumpkin Patch, Riddle Maze and more. There will also be live music, tasty treats and snacks, and a colourful cast of spooky and magical characters!
“Boo at the Zoo is back and will be bigger and better than ever!” said Laura Cabak, Manager of Communications & Public Relations, Assiniboine Park Conservancy. “We are so excited to bring this beloved Halloween tradition back to our community. It’s going to be frightfully spooktacular and so much fun!”
Tickets go on sale Thursday, September 9. Tickets must be purchased in advance either online or at the Zoo entrance.
- Tickets are date and time specific. Guests must enter the Zoo within the 30-minute time frame indicated on their ticket.
- All guests, regardless of age, require a ticket to be counted toward capacity.
- Tickets for children 2 years of age and under are FREE.
- Tickets for all guests 3 years of age and older are $12.75 + GST.
Manitoba Public Health Requirements:
- All guests aged 12 and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and show valid proof of vaccination. Adults must also present photo ID.
- Children aged 11 and under who are not eligible to be immunized may attend when accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult with valid proof of vaccination.
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces, including the Zoo entrance and washrooms. Masks are recommended outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
For more information, visit booatthezoo.ca.