The snow hasn’t stop coming in Winnipeg. Thankfully, plowing of residential streets will begin on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 7:00am to improve the overall condition of residential streets.
Make sure to confirm your snow zone letter and get your vehicles off the street to avoid a ticket. You can find your snow zone with the Address Lookup Tool.
RESIDENTIAL PARKING BAN SCHEDULE
- Wednesday, February 23, 2022 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, February 23, 2022
- Wednesday, February 23, 2022 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Thursday, February 24, 2022
- Thursday, February 24, 2022 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, February 24, 2022
- Thursday, February 24, 2022 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Friday, February 25, 2022
- Friday, February 25, 2022 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, February 25, 2022
BPlowing of sidewalks and active transportation paths is already underway and will continue until complete.
Vehicles parked in violation of the Residential Parking Ban may receive a $200 ticket ($150 if paid early), and may be towed to a nearby street that is not scheduled to be plowed, or has already been cleared. If you believe your vehicle may have been towed due to the Residential Parking Ban, please contact 311 for assistance in locating it.
Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) technology will be used to identify vehicles parked in violation of Residential Parking Bans to ensure greater city-wide parking enforcement coverage, improve motorist compliance with winter parking bans, and improve our overall snow clearing service.
Those parked in violation will receive tickets in the mail, rather than on the windshield of their vehicle; however, enforcement officers will continue to hand-deliver penalty notices to vehicles when necessary.