- This event has passed.
Boarder X Film Fest
March 31, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - April 1, 2017 @ 4:00 pm
Watch two days of skateboarding, surfing, and snowboarding docs, shorts, and videos by local stars.
FREE event* • Snacks available for purchase • Cash bar
More info at http://wag.ca/visit/events/specialevents/display,event/972/boarder-x-film-fest
Friday, March 31, 6-9pm
• The Legend of Eddie Aikau, 2013 (90 min), examines the legacy of the fearless big wave surfer and first-ever North Shore lifeguard.
• The Little Things, 2014 (47 min), features environmentally conscious snowboarders who are inspirational through their riding, while bringing to the surface the importance of protecting and living in balance with our environment.
Saturday, April 1, 1-5pm
• Northern Grease, 2013 (75 min), follows Tamo Campos, John Muirhead, and Jasper Snow Rosen as they travel in a vegetable oil fueled bus throughout British Columbia and Alberta, on a mission to understand Canadian resource extraction projects.
• Skateboarding in Pine Ridge, 2015 (20 min), presented by Levi’s Skateboarding, documents the impact a skate park in Pine Ridge, South Dakota, has had on its residents.
• Red Riding Film Sequence (50 min) A series of local docs and films produced by Red Riding Media, the largest archive of Winnipeg’s skateboarding media.
*Does not include access to the galleries.