Image from NBA.com Originally uploaded by AccessWinnipeg
With possibly the most dominant performance in NBA History, the Boston Celtics rise back to the top of the Basketball world with their 17th Championship as a franchise. Final score? BOS 131, LAL 92, a 39-point margin that was just 3 points shy of the NBA Finals record for largest margin of victory.
When teams such as the Lakers, Suns, and Jazz devoting numerous hours in training camp on offensive execution. Boston decided to take a new route and become a team that would shine at the other end of the court playing the most amazing team defense this league has every seen.
Winning the Championship is one thing, winning it with no reasonable doubt is another. Boston was clearly the most dominating team in the League this year. And they have some amazing records to prove it!
BOSTON BREAKING RECORDS – MAKING HISTORY
- Boston broke its own record for most Franchise Championships with 17 (The Lakers are second with 14)
- The Celtics were just 3 points shy of the NBA Finals record for largest margin of victory.
- Ray Allen tied most 3-pointers made in a single Finals game with 7 3-pointers
- Ray Allen set a new record for most 3-pointers made in a Finals series with 22 (Record of 17 was set by Dan Majerle with Phoenix in 1993)
- Boston Celtics set a new record for most team steals in a Finals game with 18 steals
- Rondo was shy of 1 steal to tie the record for most single player steals in a single Finals game (6 steals)
- Making one of the biggest comeback in NBA Finals History during Game 5 where the Celtics came back from a 24-point deficit to win the game
FINALS MVP: Paul Pierce
Thanks to everyone who have been particiapting in the Lakers/Celtics discussion in the forums! Be sure to join us again next year!