AccessWinnipeg.com and Sound Republic proudly presents:
YOUR ACCESS TO RICK ROSS: BLOWIN MONEY FAST TOUR
One lucky AccessWinnipeg.com reader will win a pair of tickets to see Rick Ross live at the Garrick Centre on January 11, 2011.
[quote]RICK ROSS: BLOWIN MONEY FAST TOUR
Six-foot-two, 300-pound Rick Ross – a “hip-hop heavyweight,” as described by the New York Times – came into his own on Trilla, whose second single release, “The Boss,” featuring T-Pain, rose to #2 on the Billboard Hot Rap chart, #5 R&B, and Top 20 on the Hot 100. The next single, “Here I Am” featuring Nelly and Avery Storm, also hit inside the Top 10 on the Rap and R&B charts. Trilla got off to a fast start with a release week performance on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live. “The Boss” video went into rotation on MTV, MTV2, and MTV hits, along with BET and FUSE.
Teflon Don is more than just the title of the new fourth album by Def Jam recording artist Rick Ross – it’s a title of respect earned the hard way by the man who ruled Miami’s underground rap scene, and then came out of the shadows to make the three biggest scores of his career – when his first three albums all entered the Soundscan chart at #1 in 2006 (Port Of Miami), 2008 (Trilla), and 2009 (Deeper Than Rap).
Rick Ross rose from ruling Miami’s underground rap scene, to become 2006’s buzz-worthiest hip-hop artist with Port Of Miami, his #1 Pop/#1 R&B/#1 Rap major label debut album. Its unstoppable single “Hustlin’” became the first mastertone ever certified platinum by the RIAA for sales of 1 million copies before the associated album had even been released. A remix was subsequently issued, featuring Jay-Z and Young Jeezy. Port Of Miami’s second single was “Push It,” whose movie soundtrack excerpts (circa 1990) from Giorgio Moroder’s “Scarface (Push It To The Limit),” evoked the gritty soul of a city that is always on the edge of exploding.[endquote]
1 GRAND PRIZE:
* A pair of tickets to see Rick Ross live at the Garrick Centre on January 11, 2011.
* No Purchase Necessary
* Must be 18 years old or older to win
* Email address/User name must be presented to claim prize
* Must be a resident of the province of Manitoba/City of Winnipeg to win
* One Entry Per Person
* Prizes must be accepted as is and can not be substituted
* Sponsors of the contest have the right to exchange the prize for another of equal or greater value in the event the prize becomes unavailable
* Winner gives AccessWinnipeg.com the rights to publish their name as being the winner
* Contest rules subject to change with prior notice
* Contest ends Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM SHARP
* Winners have 24-hours to claim their prize or another winner will be chosen
Good luck everyone! Contest ends Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM SHARP.