Can’t score any Jets tickets? We’ll here’s the next best thing. The Winnipeg Jets are currently looking for members of their promotional team.
This position may perform a wide variety of duties (including but not limited to): All phases of Jets game promotions:
* Executing on-ice and in crowd promotions.
* Distributing game promotional items and prizes.
* 50/50 draw and other announcements.
* Clearing of ice surface during Jets games. (excess snow in front of benches and around nets during a stoppage in play – Ice Crew only).
* Able to demonstrate initiative, proactively solve or avoid problems, work independently and in teams, and be entrepreneurial in approach.
* Well organized, good attention to detail and strong ability to follow-up.
* Pleasant, outgoing, engaging dynamic personality, energetic, and cheerful demeanor/character and professional in appearance.
* Ability to exhibit discretion and confidentiality as required.
* Interest & willingness to become part of staff team providing a Superior Patron Experience.
* Ability to commit to most of the Jets Home Season schedule.
* Ability to work with little supervision.
* Ability to perform duties in front of large crowds.
* Must be able to skate well.
Positional details and physical requirements:
* Expected weekly requirement with event responsibilities are 15 to 20 hours during busy season.
* Requirement to stand and walk for long periods on concrete surfaces.
* Ability to occasionally lift up to 15 kg , and regularly to lift 5 kg.
An open tryout will take place on Monday, September 10, 2012 at MTSICEPLEX from 8:30pm to 9:30pm. You will be asked to submit your resume and also take to the ice for a 45 minute skate. Please come prepared with proper attire and sharp skates. Resumes will be accepted starting at 8:00pm. Anyone attending must be ready to hit the ice at 8:30 sharp. Late comers will not be accepted. [WINNIPEG JETS]