A reminder that this years Fall Curbside Giveaway Weekend is scheduled for Saturday, September 8 and Sunday, September 9, 2012.
Tips if you are giving away items
* Place unwanted household items at the curb on your front street.
* Label each item with a FREE sticker or sign.
* Keep any items safely tucked away that you don’t want to give away.
* Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday.
Examples of giveaway items include:
* books, CDs and DVDs
* furniture, electronics and small appliances
* sports equipment and toys
* yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow throwers, rakes, shovels)
* kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
* unwanted gifts
* construction material (e.g., nails, paint, wood)
Please do not put out:
* hazardous material
* items that could be unsafe
* items that could carry bedbugs
Tips if you are cruising the curbs looking for treasures:
* Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE.”
* Respect other people’s property – don’t walk or drive on people’s lawns or gardens.
* Don’t discard any items on another person’s lawn.
* Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don’t block traffic, park illegally or block people’s driveways with your vehicle).
* Watch out for children and pets.
For more information on the giveaway weekend, including what to do with leftover items, visit Winnipeg.ca or contact 311, open 24 hours every day, by phone at 311 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.