The Winnipeg Blue Bombers, in partnership with the City of Winnipeg and University of Manitoba, unveiled a detailed new Event Day Website and a comprehensive nine point transportation and parking plan for Investors Group Field. This plan will be used for sporting events as well as concerts.
The master transportation and parking plan includes:
1. Paid Parking On Campus
• The new stadium features on campus parking for over 5,000 vehicles with pre-purchased seasonal parking passes;
• Only pass holders will be allowed to park on campus and no earlier than 90 minutes prior. This is a strict University policy that must be followed or tickets may be issued;
• Pre-paid seasonal parking passes are still available at $210 each;
• Lots will be filled from nearest to furthest with attendants on site to direct traffic;
• All seasonal pass holders:
o Will receive a parking information kit;
o Will be assigned an entrance and exit point;
o Must ensure parking pass is hung on rear-view mirror.
• Casual parking may become available but will be limited. Check website prior to games.
2. New Parking “Boosters” Off Campus
• Some businesses will offer paid parking in parking lots along/near Pembina Highway;
• Rates to be set by each business;
• Check website for locations.
3. New “Running Back Shuttle” Service
• Transit buses will make rounds near Booster parking lots before and after games;
• Three northbound stops along Pembina Highway at Markham, Thatcher, and University Crescent starting 90 minutes prior to game time;
• Free by showing game-day ticket; front door drop off.
4. Park & Ride with New “Blue and Gold Express”
• Park & Ride is back with city-wide locations;
• Service starts 90 minutes prior to kick off;
• Runs every 10 minutes with last trip arriving about 20 minutes before kick off;
• Drop off and pick up in front of the stadium;
• New Blue and Gold Express offers close to home pick up service;
• Loops through neighbourhoods in West Kildonan, North-East Kildonan, Transcona-St. Boniface, Windsor Park- Southdale-Island Lakes, St. Vital and St. James-River Heights;
• Two buses per route will make multiple trips from the neighbourhoods to the stadium;
• Both services free with game day ticket;
• Proudly supported by Manitoba Public Insurance.
5. Expanded Fan Fare Service
• Citywide transit service free with game day ticket;
• New University Super Express (route 161) with extra buses will run from downtown non-stop to Investors Group Field via the South-West rapid transit corridor;
• Service starts 2 hours prior to kick off and 60 minutes after game;
• Drop off/pick up in front of Investors Group Field.
6. Expanded Bike Valet
• Secure, monitored parking for 400 bicycles;
• Offered through Bicycle Valet Winnipeg;
• Proudly sponsored by Manitoba Public Insurance;
• Free of charge and perfect for environmentally and fitness conscious fans;
• Located by the north gate of Investors Group Field;
• Overflow bike racks located around stadium perimeter but not monitored.
7. Restricted Parking & Access
• Fans need to do their homework to ensure they understand all the parking and access restrictions in and around the new stadium;
• Designed to help minimize disruption for neighbours, parking will be restricted:
o In University Heights and Fort Richmond;
o Along all major streets leading into the stadium;
o In University lots reserved for staff and students;
• Signage and game day attendants and security will help direct traffic;
• Vehicles will be ticketed and towed if they are parked in restricted zones, bus lanes or if blocking driveways.
8. Handi-Transit & Accessible Parking
• For fans using Handi-Transit services, convenient drop off and pick up will be on westbound Chancellor Matheson adjacent to the transit terminal;
• Fans can access stadium through SW doors while Handi-Transit vehicles will be allowed to wait in the driveway of old Bisons stadium on westbound Chancellor;
• 185 designated disabled parking spots are available in the U Lot and other designated areas for fans who request them. To qualify, fans must have both a paid 2013 Accessible parking pass from the Blue Bombers and a valid disabled parking permit.
9. Casual Fan Drop Off
• Fans wanting to get dropped off at Investors Group Field can have their family or friends do so at two designated check points:
o One along University Crescent at Markham Road;
o The other at Chancellor Matheson at Research Road;
o Vehicles must U-turn at these checkpoints, drop off fans and event goers, and then immediately exit the campus.