Three Winnipeg communities are scheduled to get new spray pads for the Summer of 2014.
The new spray pads will be located at:
- Waverley Heights Community Centre
- Gateway Recreation Centre
- Lindsay Wilson Park in Island Lakes
The province will provide up to $1.5 million from the Building Manitoba Fund for the construction cost of these three spray pads and the city will fund the operating costs of each new facility. Construction is expected to begin in the spring of 2014.
Current Spray Pad Locations:
- Central Park Spray Pad – 400 Cumberland Avenue
- Fort Rouge Spray Pad – 295 River Avenue
- Lindenwoods Spray Pad – 414 Lindenwoods Drive West
- Provencher Park Spray Pad – 620 rue Langevin
- River East Spray Pad – 1400 Rothesay Street
- River Heights Spray Pad – 1370 Grosvenor Avenue
- St. James Assiniboia Centennial Pool Spray Pad – 644 Parkdale Street
- St. Norbert Spray Pad – 3450 Pembina Highway
- Shaughnessy Spray Pad – 75 Tyndall Avenue
- Transcona Centennial Spray Pad – 1101 Wabasha Street
- Vimy Ridge Memorial Park Spray Pad – 821 Preston Avenue
- Westdale Spray Pad – 550 Dale Boulevard
For more information about the city’s spray pads, please visit City of Winnipeg – Spray pads.