The City of Winnipeg has brought back its annual campaign to collect gently-used hockey equipment at locations throughout the city. The donated equipment will be distributed to qualifying Winnipeg families by Sport Manitoba’s KidSport program, Winnipeg Minor Hockey and Hockey Manitoba.
The 2012 campaign collected enough gear to outfit approximately 500 young players. As well, retail outlet Play It Again Sports generously supported the drive with a donation of hockey and ringette sticks, and will be supplying the same to this year’s campaign.
Winnipeggers can drop off equipment at any city-owned and operated arena (see list below) and at City Hall until October 31, 2013.
- City Hall Council Building – 510 Main Street
- Bertrand Arena – 294 Bertrand Avenue
- Billy Mosienko Arena – 709 Keewatin Street
- Century Arena – 1377 Clarence Avenue
- Charles A. Barbour Arena – 500 Nathaniel Street
- Eric Coy Arena – 535 Oakdale Drive
- Maginot Arena – 910 Maginot Street
- Old Exhibition Arena – 80 Sinclair Street
- Pioneer Arena – 799 Logan Avenue
- River East Arena – 1410 Rothesay Street
- Roland Michener Arena – 1121 Wabasha Street
- Sam Southern Arena – 625 Osborne Street South
- Sargent Park Arena – 1111 Wall Street
- St. James Civic Centre – 2055 Ness Avenue
- Terry Sawchuk Arena – 901 Kimberly Avenue
- Vimy Arena – 255 Hamilton Avenue
Go Jets Go!