Looking for a perfect day to watch a Winnipeg Goldeyes game? Then make sure to review their 2014 Promotion Schedule so you can get even more out of your Goldeyes experience!
The team’s 2014 promotions schedule is filled with giveaways, entertainment, and themed games. The Goldeyes will take on the Central Division Sioux City Explorers on Opening Night. Every fan in attendance on May 26 will receive a magnet schedule. Following the game, there will be an amazing fireworks show by Archangel Fireworks.
The magnet schedule on opening night is just the tip of the iceberg for what is going to be a season full of giveaways at Shaw Park. Here is a complete list of great giveaways:
- Monday, May 26 – Goldeyes Magnet Schedule Giveaway, presented by Winnipeg Free Press and Boston Pizza (Everyone)
- Wednesday, May 28 – Goldie OYO Minifigure Giveaway, presented by Manitoba Hydro (First 1,500 fans)
- Saturday, May 31 – Shimano Fishing Rod Giveaway, presented by Pro-Am Tackle (First 300 fans)
- Sunday, June 1 – Goldeyes Lunch Bag Giveaway, presented by Boston Pizza (First 1,000 fans)
- Tuesday, June 10 – Special Manitoba Public Insurance Giveaway (First 1,500 fans)
- Thursday, July 10 – First Half Team Photo Giveaway and Pre-Game On-Field Autograph Session, presented by Pepsi (Everyone)
- Wednesday, July 16 – Goldeyes Sunglasses Giveaway, presented by Pepsi (First 2,500 fans)
- Monday, July 28 – Baseball Giveaway, presented by Recycle Everywhere, and a part of the All-Star Skills Competition (First 2,500 fans)
- Tuesday, July 29 – Goldeyes Car Cling and Commemorative All-Star Game Program, presented by Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries (Everyone)
- Sunday, August 10 – Goldeyes Bookmark Giveaway, presented by Winnipeg Public Libraries (Everyone)
- Tuesday, August 19 – Goldeyes Headphones Giveaway, presented by Pepsi (First 1,500 fans)
- Sunday, August 31 – Second Half Team Photo Giveaway and Pre-Game On-Field Autograph Session, presented by Pepsi (Everyone)
Beyond giveaways, the Goldeyes will also host a number of theme games where the team will salute some great community organizations or fun nights where fans are encouraged to dress for the occasion. Here is a list of the theme nights happening this summer at Shaw Park:
- Wednesday, May 28 – School Game, students get to enjoy a field trip to Shaw Park as part of a special11 a.m. start.
- Tuesday, June 10 – Patrol Day, presented by Manitoba Public Insurance, where school patrols and all their work is celebrated.
- Thursday, June 12 – School Game, students get to enjoy a field trip to Shaw Park as part of a special11 a.m. start.
- Sunday, June 15 – Father’s Day, fans get to play catch with the pros on the field following the game.
- Tuesday, July 1 – Canada Day, sponsored by Via Rail Canada. One lucky fan will win a train trip for two to Jasper, Alberta.
- Wednesday, July 2 – Ukrainian Christmas in July, presented by Pratt’s Wholesale
- Tuesday, July 8 – Canadian Diabetes Association Awareness Day
- Wednesday, July 9 – Hometown Heroes Night, presented by Manitoba Blue Cross
- Saturday, July 12 – Movie and Campover, watch a movie on the outfield scoreboard after the game, and then pitch your tent in the field and sleepover.
- Tuesday, July 15 – Shirts Off Our Backs Night, presented by Cambrian Credit Union
- Sunday, August 10 – Library Night, presented by Winnipeg Public Libraries
- Wednesday, August 13 – Country Night, presented by QX104 FM
- Thursday, August 14 – Turkey Night and 9-Inning Turkey Giveaway, sponsored by Granny’s Poultry.
- Wednesday, August 20 – Hockey Night, presented by Sunova Credit Union
- Monday, September 1 – Fan Appreciation Night
Archangel Fireworks will once again display their talents during nine fireworks shows this season. Here are the dates when the fireworks shows will happen:
- Monday, May 26
- Wednesday, June 11
- Monday, June 30
- Friday, July 11
- Wednesday, July 23
- Tuesday, July 29
- Tuesday, August 12
- Wednesday, August 20
- Monday, September 1
One hour prior to every game, local, national, and international talent will perform on the Winnipeg Free Press Stage.
Saturday Night Party on the Patio, presented by Energy 106 FM
Every Saturday game throughout the season, the Goldeyes and Energy 106 FM will host a Part on the Patio. Fans that choose to enjoy the game from the patio will receive a great view as well as food and beverage specials all night long.
Sunday Post-Game Kids Run the Bases
After every Sunday game, kids (12 and under) can run the bases like their favourite Goldeyes players.
Salisbury House Win a Winni Dog
If the Goldeyes win, fans can take their game ticket to any of the Salisbury House Xpress locations to receive a free Winni with a the purchase of fries. This offer is redeemable for seven days after the game. Offer is not valid at Shaw Park.
Dollarwise Clean Up Hitter
During selected games, if the Goldeyes clean-up hitter gets a hit, everyone in attendance will receive a $5 voucher from DollarWise Quality Cleaners.