Assiniboine Park will be throwing various special activities this weekend in celebration of the highly anticipated 10-acre Journey to Churchill Exhibit opening.
Every visitor to the Zoo from now to Sunday, July 6, 2014 will receive a free Journey to Churchill collectible polar bear pin (while quantities last). The Zoo’s new mascot, Winston the polar bear, will also be making appearances and posing for photos with visitors.
FRIDAY, JULY 4 to SUNDAY, JULY 6
Open daily 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
MAIN STAGE ENTERTAINMENT
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm: Facepainting
- 10:00 am – 10:45 am: Fawn Wood
- 11:30 am – 12:15 pm: Fred Penner
- 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm: The Northlands Denesuline Drummers
- 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm: Aaron Burnett
- 3:30 pm – 4:15 pm: Al Simmons
STORY TELLING TEEPEE
10:00 am – 4:00 pm: Aboriginal story-telling: northern animals.
See you all at the Zoo!!!