Manitoba and Saskatchewan artists will team up from August 29 – 31, 2014 for three days of music, art and culture showcasing the diverse talent of the Prairies.
The Prairie Barge Festival will feature performances from a diverse collection of acclaimed artists including:
- JUNO Award-winning soul/pop outfit Chic Gamine
- Alt-country favourites The Deep Dark Woods
- 2014 Western Canadian Music Award nominee marijosée
- Singer/songwriter and former Waltons front man Jason Plumb
- Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
The family-friendly free weekend will offer a little something for everyone, including the evocative magic of Winnipeg Contemporary Dancers & School of Contemporary Dance, an installation from the internationally-renowned PO-MO Project, the improv comedy stylings of Hot Thespian Action, blues and folk jams, and a special projection of the Labour Day Classic courtesy of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
For the full line-up of events, visit http://www.theforks.com/events/signature-events/barge-festival.