The City has opened its second 4R Winnipeg Depot at Pacific Avenue. Business and residents can drop off items that can be recycled, reused, composted, or resold (the 4R’s).
It’s located at 1120 Pacific Avenue, between McPhillips Street and Weston Street. The first 4R Winnipeg Depot is located at the Brady Road Resource Management Facility.
The following materials are accepted free of charge at both 4R Winnipeg Depot locations:
- scrap metal
- large appliances
- large plastic items
- clean timber, lumber and wood
- ceramics and porcelain
- rubble and masonry
- clean fill
- tree wood waste
- leaf and yard waste
- recyclables accepted in the curbside program
- electronic waste such as televisions, computers and cell phones
- household hazardous waste including household cleaners, paint and propane tanks
- motor oil, filters, and containers
Using a 4R Winnipeg Depot is complete free as long as all of the materials dropped off are recyclable. Garbage is not allowed at the Pacific Avenue 4R Winnipeg Depot. The Brady 4R Winnipeg Depot location accepts garbage but is subject to tipping fees.
For more information visit http://winnipeg.ca/WaterAndWaste/recycle/4rdepots/default.stm.