This years Fall Curbside Giveaway Weekend will take place on Saturday, September 9 and Sunday, September 10, 2017. You’ll often find some items in good condition that you’ll never use again. Rather then throw them into the landfill, Giveaway Weekend gives you the opportunity to find new owners for those items.
If You’re Giving Away Items:
- Place unwanted household items at the curb on your front street.
- Label each item with a FREE sticker or sign.
- Store items out of sight that you don’t want to give away.
- Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday.
Examples of giveaway items include:
- books, CDs and DVDs
- furniture, electronics and small appliances
- sports equipment and toys
- yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow blowers, rakes, shovels)
- kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
- unwanted gifts
- construction material (e.g., nails, paint, wood)
Do not put out:
- items that could be unsafe
- items infested with bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, bedding)
- toilets (with a flush volume of 13 litres or more)
If You’re Looking For Giveaway Items:
- Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE.”
- Check all items closely to ensure they are safe and in good condition before you put them in your vehicle or bring them into your home.
- Don’t walk or drive on private lawns or gardens.
- Don’t discard any items on private property.
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don’t block traffic, park illegally or block driveways with your vehicle).
- Watch out for children.
This will be the last giveaway weekend of the year.