One of our favourite Winnipeg holiday events returns December 1 to January 6, 2018 (closed Christmas Day). Winnipeggers can enjoy beautiful lights at the Canad Inns Winter Wonderland! Gates are open from 6:00pm to 10:00pm.
Canad Inns Winter Wonderland, a Winnipeg family tradition, is a partnership with Red River Exhibition Park, offering our community a festive seasonal drive through light display each December and January. The display offers over one million lights and over 26 different themed areas during a 2.5 km drive in the comfort of your car. Along the route, you can stop at the outdoor skating rink to enjoy a family skate or undertake the free horse-drawn sleigh ride on weekends. Admission is by vehicle pass purchased in advance or at the gate.
It’s a great way to spend quality time with your family and celebrate the season of lights – 3 million watts of them!
- Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (weather permitting) come by for a complimentary sleigh ride, complete with built in fireplace. It’s completely enclosed and really cozy!
- Come see the 75′ Christmas tree made out of almost 3,000 LED light bulbs!
- As the weather gets colder, they’ll have a skating rink for use. It’s free with admission. Stay tuned for an opening date. Please bring your own skates – no skate rentals on-site. There is a warming hut to change shoes and skates.
- Photo stop! Bring your cameras and take a holiday photo with your family and all of our holiday sculptures.
- Family vehicle tickets can be purchased in advance at Mac’s, Red River Co-op gas bars and grocery stores and any Winnipeg Canad Inns location for only $12 for one family vehicle up to 7 passengers.
Prices at the Gate:
There will be a new entrance this year, click here to view the map.
- Family vehicle/taxi or limo with up to 7 passengers – $15
- Small bus or handi van or limo with 8 to 15 passengers – $25
- Small bus or handi van with 16 to 30 passengers – $35
- Bus with 31 to 40 passengers – $45
- Bus with 41 plus passengers – $65
Tickets purchased at the gate, include GST. Cash, Visa, Mastercard and debit are accepted.
- 3D Wednesdays – The first 100 cars through the Park gates receive free 3D glasses to really make the light show pop!
You’ll find a treat stand on your route through the light show. Be sure to stop for a favourite treat!
- Mini Donuts (16 per bag) – $6 per bag
- Mini Donuts (36 per bucket) – $12 per bucket
- Popcorn – $4
- Hot Chocolate – $2
- Slushies – $3
- Drinks/Water – $2
- Cotton Candy (large) – $5
- Glow Products – $8
Tickets purchased at the gate, include GST. Cash, Visa, Mastercard and debit are accepted. [WINTER WONDERLAND]