Kids can visit the Assinboine Park Zoo for free this holiday season!
From December 23, 2017 to January 7, 2018, parents can bring children 12 and under to the Assinboine Park Zoo for free. The Zoo is open daily from 9 am to 4 pm, CLOSED on Christmas Day (December 25).
Here are a few special events you can check out during Winter Break:
- Keeper Talks | 11 am daily
- Heavy horses at the McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre | December 23 – 31
- Amur Tigers in the Animals of Asia section of the Zoo | December 23 – January 7
- Cool and creepy critters at the Kinsmen Discovery Centre | January 1 – 7
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides | 1 – 3 pm daily (except on December 26)
Stop by the McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre and enjoy a wagon ride through this lovely exhibit. Don’t forget to take a family photo in front of the festive frosted paddock area. Rides are $3 per person. Click here for wagon ride schedule.
- Winter Craft Station | 11 am – 2 pm daily
Make a wintery bookmark with our crafty Zoo volunteers or colour a page or two! The craft station will be set up inside Gateway to the Arctic where it’s toasty and warm.
- Winter Hay Bale Maze | 9 am – 4 pm daily
Find your way out of the fun Winter Hay Bale Maze in the Seasonal Fun Zone.
- Winter Adaptation Challenge | 9 am – 4 pm daily
Become a Zoo Explorer and take on the Winter Adaption Challenge! Find the “cool” animals at the Zoo and learn how their adaptations make them better suited to survive and thrive in the winter! Submit your checklist to Wild Things Unique Gifts located at the Zoo entrance to receive your Zoo Explorer prize. Find the Winter Adaptation Challenge on the map brochure.