The RCMP have released final results from their 2017 Holiday Checkstop Program. There was a total of 117 people charged with impaired driving which is down from 2016’s total of 122 people.
- 51 alcohol-related roadside suspensions
- 2,153 traffic-related provincial charged laid
- 45 liquor and gaming control act offences
- 31 other criminal code driving offences
- 1 traffic-related fatality
In 2016, there were six traffic-related fatalities during the Holiday Checkstop Program. Though even one fatality is tragic, it’s a step in the right direction.