The province is once again offering FREE entry to provincial parks during the entire month of February, 2018. Manitobans are encouraged to take advantage of all the activities available in the great outdoors at provincial parks.
“Manitobans love the great outdoors and our parks are just as beautiful at this time of year as they are in the warmer months,” Sustainable Development Minister Rochelle Squires said. “We encourage everyone to take advantage of the activities and the scenery our parks have to offer.”
Highlight of events for the month of February include:
- a cross-country ski clinic in Birds Hill Provincial Park on Sunday, Feb. 4;
- a guided snowshoe trek in Whiteshell Provincial Park on Sunday, Feb. 11;
- learn to ice-fish sessions in Spruce Woods Provincial Park on Saturday, Feb. 17 and Whiteshell Provincial Park on Monday, Feb. 19;
- a winter family fun day at the winter recreational area in Spruce Woods Provincial Park on Saturday, Feb. 24; and
- a winter safari in Birds Hill Provincial Park on Sunday, Feb. 25.
Hundreds of kilometres of snowmobiling, cross-country and skate skiing, snowshoeing and hiking trails are all groomed and maintained throughout the winter season. Pet owners can take advantage of trails for skijoring, kick sledding and dog sledding. SnoPasses are still required for snowmobilers using groomed trails in provincial parks.