Winnipeg’s third 4R depot on 429 Panet Road is now open and will serve the east side of Winnipeg.
“I am pleased that we continue to deliver environmental improvements for Winnipegers,” said Brian Mayes, Chair of the Standing Policy Committee on Water and Waste, Riverbank Management and the Environment. “For people living in the eastern section of Winnipeg, the opening of this centre will make it much easier to drop off major recycling items.”
Customers can use 4R Winnipeg Depots FREE of charge as long as all of the materials dropped off are recyclable.
4R Winnipeg Depots accept the following materials, free of charge:
- scrap metal
- large appliances
- large plastic items
- clean timber, lumber and wood
- ceramics and porcelain
- rubble and masonry
- clean fill
- tree wood waste
- leaf and yard waste
- recyclables accepted in the curbside program
- electronic waste such as televisions, computers and cell phones
- household hazardous waste including household cleaners, paint and propane tanks
- motor oil, filters, and containers
Customers can also use the Brady 4R Winnipeg Depot, located at the Brady Road Resource Management Facility, or the Pacific 4R Winnipeg Depot, located at 1120 Pacific Avenue.