The province is once again offering FREE entry to provincial parks during the entire month of February, 2019. Manitobans are encouraged to take advantage of all the activities available in the great outdoors at provincial parks.
“Winter is an excellent time to enjoy the beauty of our provincial parks and there are many outdoor activities to take part in as a family or on your own,” Sustainable Development Minister Rochelle Squires said. “Whether it’s cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or taking a quiet walk, there is much to see in Manitoba parks and we encourage everyone to enjoy them in winter just as they do in the summer.”
Highlight of events for the month of February include:
- a wolf howl in Whiteshell Provincial Park on Saturday, Feb. 2
- a guided snowshoe trek in Whiteshell Provincial Park on Sunday, Feb. 10
- a nature detectives program for families with preschool aged children in Birds Hill Provincial Park on Wednesday, Feb. 13
- learn to ice fish session in Whiteshell Provincial Park on Monday, Feb. 18
- a winter family fun day at the winter recreation area in Spruce Woods Provincial Park on Saturday, Feb. 23
- a winter safari in Birds Hill Provincial Park on Sunday, Feb. 24
Interpretive programs are happening every week in February. More information on www.manitobaparks.com.