To celebrate National Popcorn Day, Cineplex is offering a FREE small bag of Popcorn on Sunday, January 19, 2020.
You’ll have to be a SCENE Member and show your SCENE card in order to get the freebie. You don’t even have to be seeing a movie to get the deal!
Can’t make it out? SkipTheDishes is also offering every customer a free small Cineplex popcorn on National Popcorn Day! To claim your free popcorn, simply download the SkipTheDishes app, search ‘Cineplex’ and add a small popcorn to your order.
If you’re not a SCENE member you can sign up at https://www.scene.ca/en-ca/enrollment.
Some fun popcorn facts from Cineplex:
- In 2019, Cineplex served more than 300 million kernels of popcorn on National Popcorn Day
- Cineplex pops roughly 29 billion popcorn kernels over the course of a year
- It was not until films introduced sound in 1927 that movies became a cultural event across North America. With this surge in popularity, street vendors began serving up snacks, including popcorn, before movie-goers entered the theatre. Popcorn soon became inseparable from the experience and still is to this day
- Historians believe that popcorn existed as early as 4,700 BC
- The world’s oldest known popper was designed around 300 AD, with the first popcorn machine making its debut more than 1,500 years later at the World’s Fair in Chicago in 1893
- Cineplex has a signature popcorn recipe exclusive to its theatres, making it that perfect mix of salty, buttery and fluffy deliciousness
- Popcorn comes in two shapes: ‘snowflake’ and ‘mushroom.’ ‘Snowflake’ popcorn is light and fluffy and served hot and fresh in Cineplex theatres. ‘Mushroom’ popcorn is round and compact to better hold specialty toppings and is used in Cineplex’s gourmet-inspired Poptopia.