Movie lovers rejoice! Cineplex theatres will open on Saturday, July 25 as part of Manitoba’s Phase 4 reopening plan.
The theatre will be open at 30% capacity including staff. All theatres will have reserved seating to ensure proper social distancing. Unfortunately, MULAN and TENET, which were the major movie releases for July, have both been pushed back indefinitely.
For a limited time, all movies, and all experiences including IMAX, D-Box, and UltraAVX are only $5! To make it even better, on Tuesdays they are only $2.99!!!
The two Cinpelex theatres in Winnipeg that will be open are Scotiabank Theatre and SilverCity St. Vital Cinemas.
Safety measures include:
- Launching reserved seating in all auditoriums across Canada; seating options will be automatically blocked off to ensure proper distance in every direction between guests
- Reducing capacity in all auditoriums to allow for physical distancing
- Enhancing cleaning practices throughout its facilities, with particular focus on high-contact surfaces, restrooms and seats
- Accepting debit and credit payments only, with the exception of gift card purchases
- Limiting food offerings in theatres to Cineplex’s famous popcorn and other core concessions
- Limiting food offerings at The Rec Room locations
- Ensuring employees have the personal protective equipment they need
- Making hand sanitizer readily available for guests and employees throughout its buildings
Visit cineplex.com for a list of show times.