The holidays are just around the corner and we’ve got another month of staying home ahead of us… Here’s a list of movies and shows coming to Netflix Canada in December 2020…
Wednesday, December 1
- Angela’s Christmas Wish (Netflix film) – A determined Angela makes a wish to reunite her family in time for Christmas, then launches a plan to find her way from Ireland to Australia.
- The Holiday Movies That Made Us (Netflix original) – Unwrap the real stories behind these iconic Christmas blockbusters, thanks to insider interviews and behind-the-scenes peeks.
- Natalie Palamides: Nate – A One Man Show (Netflix comedy special) – Meet Nate — your stereotypical masculine man just trying to be better. Executive produced by Amy Poehler and directed by Philip Burgers, this can-crushing axe-yielding special premiere follows an alpha male, portrayed by Natalie Palamides, learning to express emotion and understand the rules of consent.
- A Christmas Catch
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Christmas with a Prince
- Christmas Wonderland
- Don’t Let Go
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
- Gridiron Gang
- Juliet, Naked
- Odd Squad: Seasons 1-2
- Super Wings: Season 3
- The Dressmaker
- The Vow
- They Shall Not Grow Old
- Transformers Rescue Bots Academy: Season 2
- Walking Tall
Thursday, December 2
- Alien Worlds (Netflix documentary) – Applying the laws of life on Earth to the rest of the galaxy, this series blends science fact and fiction to imagine alien life on other planets.
- Ari Eldjárn: Pardon My Icelandic (Netflix comedy special) – In this upbeat English-language special, comedian Ari Eldjárn pokes fun at Nordic rivalries, Hollywood’s take on Thor, the whims of toddlers, and more.
- Big Fat Liar
- Carlito’s Way
- Children of Men
- Fierce (Netflix film) – A gifted young singer becomes an instant sensation on a popular talent show. But her real goal is earning the love of her father, a member of the jury.
- Half Baked
- Hazel Brugger: Tropical (Netflix comedy special) – In this stand-up special, comedian Hazel Brugger offers her breezy takes on unruly geese, chatty gynecologists, German bank loans, and more.
- Workin’ Moms: Season 4
Friday, December 3
- Break (Netflix film) – After a serious accident, Lucie tries to rediscover herself as a dancer and meets Vincent, a talented b-boy battling his own insecurities.
- Chico Bon Bon and the Very Berry Holiday (Netflix family) – The Fix-It Force makes a plan to hit every home as fast as they can, delivering Blunderberry Cakes before the town awakes to avoid a holiday disaster.
- Just Another Christmas (Tudo Bem No Natal Que Vem) (Netflix film) – Stuck in a time loop where it’s forever Christmas, a family man who hates the holiday starts to learn valuable lessons about what’s important in life.
Saturday, December 4
- Bhaag Beanie Bhaag (Netflix original) – Beanie has always done what’s asked of her — until she decides to run from her very comfortable life and pursue a career in stand-up comedy. As she navigates the demands of everyone from her concerned parents to her proposal-popping boyfriend, this is Beanie’s journey to carve out the life she wants for herself amidst the chaos.
- Big Mouth: Season 4 (Netflix original) – On the brink of eighth grade, the friends contend with summer camp torments, shady alter egos, new make-out frontiers and Tito the Anxiety Mosquito.
- Bombay Rose (Netflix film) – Amidst the bustle of a magnetic and multifaceted city, the budding love between two dreamers is tested by duty and religious divides.
- Captain Underpants Mega Blissmas (Netflix family) – Christmas gets weird — really weird — after George and Harold go back in time to change up a few of their beloved holiday’s traditions.
- Christmas Crossfire (Wir Können Nicht Anders) (Netflix film) – A man foils an attempted murder, then flees the crew of would-be killers along with their intended target as a woman he’s just met tries to find him.
- Kings of Joburg: Season 1
- Leyla Everlasting (Netflix film) – A resilient housewife, her husband and their marriage therapist become mired in a toxic love triangle and a plot to obtain an antique manuscript.
- Mank (Netflix film) – 1930s Hollywood is reevaluated through the eyes of scathing wit and alcoholic screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz as he races to finish “Citizen Kane.”
- Selena: The Series (Netflix original) – A coming-of-age story following Selena as she chases her dreams, with the heart-wrenching and life-changing sacrifices she and her family make as they navigate the highs and lows of success, loss, love, and music.
Sunday, December 5
- Detention (Netflix original) – A tormented student uncovers unsettling secrets at her remote high school as betrayal and a paranormal encounter upend her life.
- Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch
- Mighty Express: A Mighty Christmas (Netflix family) – The Mighty Express welcomes a new train and speeds into a snowstorm to deliver Santa’s presents and save Christmas for all the kids in Tracksville.
Monday, December 6
- Everybody Knows
Tuesday, December 7
- Ava (2020)
Wednesday, December 8
- Emicida: AmarElo – É Tudo Para Ontem (Netflix documentary) – Between scenes from his concert in São Paulo’s Theatro Municipal, rapper and activist Emicida celebrates the rich legacy of Black Brazilian culture.
- Lovestruck in the City (Netflix original) – Heart stolen by a free-spirited woman after a beachside romance, a passionate architect sets out to reunite with her on the streets of Seoul.
- Mr. Iglesias: Part 3 (Netflix original) – As he begins a new relationship, Gabe pushes his students to face their fears, dream big and believe in themselves — lessons he tries to take to heart.
- Spirit Riding Free: Ride Along Adventure (Netflix family) – Join Lucky and her friends on a mission to save Maricela’s beloved mare, Mystery, from greedy horse thieves who’ve taken her captive with a wild herd.
- Super Monsters: Santa’s Super Monster Helpers (Netflix family) – When Santa needs serious help prepping all of his presents, the Super Monsters lend a hand — and some monster magic — to get every gift out on time!
Thursday, December 9
- Ashley Garcia: Genius in Love: Christmas (Netflix family) – It’s the most wonderful time of the year — until Ashley has visions of a not-so-festive future dancing in her head on Christmas Eve.
- The Big Show Show: Christmas (Netflix family) – Ho, ho, nooo! After an injury forces the Big Show to cease all Santa duties, Cassy steps up as Mrs. Claus to keep the Christmas spirit alive.
- Rose Island (L’Incredibile storia dell’Isola Delle Rose) (Netflix film) – An idealistic engineer builds his own island off the coast of Italy and declares it a nation, drawing the attention of the world — and the government.
- The Surgeon’s Cut (Netflix documentary) – The Surgeon’s Cut profiles four ground-breaking surgeons from around the world, each with a visionary approach to their craft. Viewers will follow along as they perform innovative operations and procedures, and reveal personal insight into their journey into medicine, providing a unique window into the world of surgery. Through the individual stories of these experts, the series explores how our understanding of the human body is constantly being reinvented by new discoveries and techniques. Specialty areas featured include fetal medicine, neurosurgery, transplant surgery, and cardiology.
Friday, December 10
- Alice in Borderland (Netflix original) – A video-game-obsessed young man finds himself in a strange version of Tokyo where he and other visitors must compete in deadly games to survive.
Saturday, December 11
- A Trash Truck Christmas (Netflix family) – When Santa crash-lands in the junkyard on Christmas Eve, Hank, Trash Truck, and their animal friends all have a hand in rescuing the holiday for everyone.
- Canvas (Netflix film) – A grieving grandfather struggling to reclaim his passion for painting after suffering a loss finds the inspiration to create again.
- Giving Voice (Netflix documentary) – Students from across the US audition for a spot in the August Wilson Monologue Competition, culminating in a riveting final round on a Broadway stage.
- The Mess You Leave Behind (El desorden que dejas) (Netflix original) – A teacher starts her job at a high school but is haunted by a suspicious death that occurred there weeks before — and begins fearing for her own life.
- The Prom (Netflix film) – A group of down-on-their-luck Broadway stars shake up life in small-town Indiana as they rally behind a teen fighting to bring her girlfriend to prom.
Tuesday, December 14
- A California Christmas (Netflix film) – With his carefree lifestyle on the line, a wealthy charmer poses as a ranch hand to get a hardworking farmer to sell her family’s land before Christmas.
- Hilda: Season 2 (Netflix family) – As Hilda explores new places and hidden spaces around Trolberg, her love of adventure and a growing streak of independence could lead her into trouble.
- Tiny Pretty Things (Netflix original) – When an attack brings down the star student at an elite ballet school, her replacement enters a world of lies, betrayal — and cutthroat competition.
Wednesday, December 15
- PAW Patrol: Season 7
- Pup Academy: Season 1-2
- Song Exploder: Volume 2 (Netflix original) – Based on the acclaimed podcast of the same name, and from host Hrishikesh Hirway and Oscar®-winning filmmaker Morgan Neville, each episode of Song Exploder features some of the world’s greatest musicians as they reveal how they brought one of their songs to life. The series weaves together in-depth interviews, archival footage, and raw recordings as each artist breaks down their song, layer by layer, sharing intimate insight into the personal inspiration behind the music and lyrics. Featured artists in Volume 2 include: Dua Lipa, where the Grammy and BRIT award-winning singer and songwriter delves into the personal struggles and musical influences that went into the making of her hit song “Love Again” from her second studio album, Future Nostalgia; The Killers, where the multi-platinum band breaks down “When You Were Young,” the deeply personal song that felt like a turning point for the band; Nine Inch Nails, where Oscar, Grammy, and Emmy award-winning composer and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Trent Reznor discusses powerfully haunting song “Hurt,” the final track on NIN’s second studio album The Downward Spiral; Natalia Lafourcade, where the Grammy and 14-time Latin Grammy award-winning singer and songwriter explains how she channeled her history and homeland of Veracruz, Mexico to create the hit song “Hasta La Raíz.”
Thursday, December 16
- Anitta: Made In Honorio (Netflix documentary) – In this intimate documentary, Brazilian pop queen Anitta opens up about fame, family and her fierce work ethic, revealing the woman behind the hits.
- BREAK IT ALL: The History of Rock in Latin America (Netflix documentary) – Through interviews, archival footage and many music hits, this series tells the history of rock ‘n’ roll and youth culture throughout Latin America.
- How To Ruin Christmas: The Wedding (Netflix original) – Prodigal daughter Tumi goes home for the holidays and manages to ruin her sister’s wedding plans. Now she must make things right before it’s too late.
- Lee Daniels’ The Butler (2013)
- The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part
- The Ripper (Netflix documentary) – Investigators and witnesses recall how a modern-day Jack the Ripper terrorized the north of England during the late 1970s.
- Run On (Netflix original) – Veering off course from his preset path, a track star follows his own pace and heart for the first time after a film translator steps into his life.
- Vir Das: Outside In – The Lockdown Special (Netflix original) – Stage banter takes on a different — deeper — meaning as the comedian performs online shows to homebound viewers worldwide from his Mumbai residence.
Saturday, December 18
- Guest House (2020)
- Home for Christmas: Season 2 (Netflix original) – When love rings your doorbell, are you ready? Follow Johanne through another December as she continues her pursuit for eternal, warm and real love. When her family and the world around her fall apart, how can she still believe in real and bottomless love? Does it even exist and will she find the one true love for Christmas this year?
- Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (Netflix film) – Tensions rise when the trailblazing Mother of the Blues and her band gather at a Chicago recording studio in 1927. Adapted from August Wilson’s play.
- Sweet Home (Netflix original) – As savage monsters inflict terror and threaten humanity, a troubled teen with inner demons emerges as his neighbours’ best bet for survival.
Wednesday, December 22
- London Hughes: To Catch a D*ck (Netflix comedy special) – London is confused. She’s awesome, successful, attractive, and has no gag reflex and yet, somehow, incredibly single — how on earth has that happened?! In this hilariously provocative empowering show, London will explore the complete mystery of why the world is full of desirable, brilliant but single women — who definitely don’t need a man but wouldn’t mind the option.
- Rhyme Time Town Singalongs (Netflix family) – Sing along with the Rhyme Time Town friends as they use their imaginations and flex their problem-solving skills with snackable, snap-worthy songs.
Thursday, December 23
- The Midnight Sky (Netflix film) – This post-apocalyptic tale follows Augustine (George Clooney), a lonely scientist in the Arctic, as he races to stop Sully (Felicity Jones) and her fellow astronauts from returning home to a mysterious global catastrophe. Clooney directs the adaptation of Lily Brooks-Dalton’s acclaimed novel Good Morning, Midnight, co-starring David Oyelowo, Kyle Chandler, Demián Bichir, and Tiffany Boone.
- Your Name Engraved Herein (Netflix film) – Set in the backdrop of 1987 where martial law just ended in Taiwan, two male students fell in love against the expectations of society.
Friday, December 24
- A Dog’s Way Home
- Holmes & Watson
Saturday, December 25
- Bridgerton (Netflix original) – From Shondaland and Creator Chris Van Dusen, Bridgerton follows Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dyvenor), the eldest daughter of the powerful Bridgerton family, as she makes her debut onto Regency London’s competitive marriage market. Hoping to follow in her parent’s footsteps and find a match sparked by true love, Daphne’s prospects initially seem to be unrivaled. But as her older brother begins to rule out her potential suitors, the high society scandal sheet written by the mysterious Lady Whistledown casts aspersions on Daphne. Enter the highly desirable and rebellious Duke of Hastings (Regé-Jean Page), committed bachelor and the catch of the season for the debutantes’ mamas. Despite proclaiming that they want nothing the other has to offer, their attraction is undeniable and sparks fly as they find themselves engaged in an increasing battle of wits while navigating society’s expectations for their future. Bridgerton is a romantic, scandalous, and quick-witted series that celebrates the timelessness of enduring friendships, families finding their way, and the search for a love that conquers all. The series also stars Golda Rosheuvel, Jonathan Bailey, Luke Newton, Claudia Jessie, Nicola Coughlan, Ruby Barker, Sabrina Bartlett, Ruth Gemmell, Adjoa Andoh, Polly Walker, Bessie Carter. and Harriet Cains, with Julie Andrews as the voice of Lady Whistledown. The series is inspired by Julia Quinn’s novels.
- Grandma’s Last Wishes (El testamento de la abuela) (Netflix film) – When Grandma decides it’s time to put her affairs in order, the family clashes over who’ll inherit her house in this sequel to “Grandma’s Wedding.”
Sunday, December 26
- Asphalt Burning (Børning 3) (Netflix film) – When the brakes slam on his wedding, Roy accepts a challenge from a new foe to race for his runaway bride at the iconic Nürburgring track in Germany.
- DNA (Netflix film) – The death of a woman’s larger-than-life grandfather brings her cantankerous family together and forces the 35-year-old to confront her tumultuous life.
- Fast & Furious Spy Racers: Season 3: Sahara (Netflix family) – With Ms. Nowhere and Gary MIA in the Sahara, Echo leads the Spy Racers on a mission to take down enemies from the past.
- Go! Go! Cory Carson: Season 3 (Netflix family) – It’s another season following animated kid car, Cory Carson, as he goes on adventures with his family and friends in Bumperton Hills.
- The Magic School Bus Rides Again In the Zone (Netflix family) – It’s the longest New Years Eve ever as Ms. Frizzle and class travel back in time — hour by hour — to save their beloved bus!
Tuesday, December 28
- A Simple Favor
- Cops and Robbers (Netflix film) – This animated short film is based on a spoken word poetry video created in response to the May 5, 2020 murder of Ahmaud Arbery.
- Isn’t It Romantic
- The Spy Who Dumped Me
Thursday, December 30
- Best Leftovers Ever! (Netflix original) – The kings and queens of leftover cooking will take leftover dishes on an epic journey across two rounds. Each half-hour after party, our home cooks will compete in the ultimate food makeover, finding ways to give old leftovers new life, all in the hopes of winning a $10,000 prize! Join host Jackie Tohn and judges David So and Rosemary Shrager as they watch our contestants transform leftovers into delicious creations.
- Equinox (Netflix original) – In 1999, young Astrid saw a bus full of students disappear. In 2019, Astrid tries to solve this mystery, only to discover she ends up changing the past.
- Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Chapter 2: Earthrise (Netflix anime) – While Optimus Prime and the Autobots search for answers in deep space, they meet their creators who prove to be a greater foe than the Decepticons.
- Wentworth: Season 8
Friday, December 31
- A Nice Girl Like You
- Best of Stand-Up 2020 (Netflix comedy special) – This compilation features the funniest jokes from comedians in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand that have launched specials in 2020.
- The Children Act
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Part 4 (Netflix original) – Chilling Adventures of Sabrina re-imagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. Over the course of Part 4’s eight episodes, The Eldritch Terrors will descend upon Greendale. The coven must fight each terrifying threat one-by-one (The Weird, The Returned, The Darkness to name a few), all leading up to The Void, which is the End of All Things. As the witches wage war, with the help of The Fright Club, Nick begins to slowly earn his way back into Sabrina’s heart, but will it be too late?
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly
- Hotel Artemis
- Sorry to Bother You