The Assiniboine Park Zoo will reopen to the public on Saturday, January 30, 2021! There will also be a members-only preview on Friday, January 29 for Zoo members only.
Capacity will be limited and all indoor exhibits will remain closed. As a thank you to Manitobans for their patience and work towards the battle against COVID-19, Zoo admission will be temporarily reduced by 25% until the end of February.
“As a large outdoor attraction with over 80 acres, we are pleased to be in a position to re-open and are looking forward to safely welcoming visitors back to the Zoo,” said Bruce Keats, Chief Operations Officer, Assiniboine Park Conservancy.
The Zoo has been closed since mid-November to help reduce the risk of community spread of COVID-19. Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online in advance to facilitate quick, contactless entry and reduce interaction with staff. Use promotional code WELCOME2021 at checkout to get 25% off your admission.
Tickets purchased online do not have a specific entry date and can be used anytime within 90 days of date of purchase. You can still purchase tickets at the gate if you are unable to purchase tickets online.
- The Zoo is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm daily
- All indoor exhibits will remain closed. Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces, including the Zoo entrance, gift shop, and washrooms.
- Take-out food and beverage service will be available at the Tundra Grill restaurant and Winston’s concession.
- Wild Things Unique Gifts will be open from 10:00am to 5:00pm daily with capacity restricted to 25%.
- Guests can also save 25% on gift shop purchases until February 28 (some restrictions apply).
As always, wear your mask and practice social distancing while at the Zoo. Do not visit the Zoo if you are feeling unwell (even with mild symptoms) or are required to self-isolate for any reason under current public health orders.