A friendly reminder that Manitobans can now purchase Christmas tree cutting permits online on the e-licensing portal.
The permit will cost $7.95 + GST, which will allow you to cut a coniferous tree up to three metres high, with a limit of one tree per household. Conditions for the permit include:
- cutting shall be confined to the area stated on the permit,
- the tree shall not be sold or bartered,
- the permit shall be retained by the person in possession of the tree,
- the permit shall be produced for inspection on request by a conservation officer, and
- the permit expires on Dec. 31 in the year it is issued.
Christmas tree permits can be purchased on Manitoba’s e-licensing portal or through the e-licensing call centre at 1-877-880-1203.