Experience a Winnipeg tradition and skate, walk, run, or sled your way along The Nestaweya River Trail. Starting in the heart of the city, the Guinness World Record-holding longest naturally frozen skating trail in the world offers the unique experience of seeing the sights of Winnipeg from the frozen Red and Assiniboine Rivers.
The River Trail is about more than just skating. Venture out and enjoy a variety of outdoor activities: walking, curling, hockey, family activities, cycling, broomball, and more. Join us for special events the whole family can enjoy every weekend free of charge.
There are 8 total sections on The Nestaweya River Trail:
The Forks Section
- The Forks Port Rink
Red River Sections
- The Forks Port to Queen Elizabeth Way
- Queen Elizabeth Way to Churchill Drive
- Churchill Drive to St. Vital Bridge
Assiniboine River Sections
- The Forks Port to Donald Street
- Donald Street to Legislature
- Legislature to Osborne Bridge
- Osborne Bridge to Hugo Docks
For more information on skating trail conditions, visit https://www.theforks.com/events/skating-trail-and-park-conditions.