Winnipeg’s Spring Curbside Giveaway Weekend is back! The event was cancelled in 2021 due to COVID-19 but has returned for 2022!
The giveaway weekend is designed to give you the opportunity to find new owners for items that are in good condition and you no longer require. They keep items out of our landfill.
If You’re Giving Away Items:
- Place unwanted household items at the curb on your front street.
- Label each item with a FREE sticker or sign.
- Store items out of sight that you don’t want to give away.
- Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday.
Examples of giveaway items include:
- books, CDs and DVDs
- furniture, electronics and small appliances
- sports equipment and toys
- yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow blowers, rakes, shovels)
- kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
- unwanted gifts
- construction material (e.g., nails, paint, wood)
Do not put out:
- items that could be unsafe
- items infested with bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, bedding)
- toilets (with a flush volume of 13 litres or more)
If You’re Looing for Free Items:
- Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE”
- Check all items closely to ensure they are safe and in good condition before you put them in your vehicle or bring them into your home
- Don’t walk or drive on private lawns or gardens
- Don’t discard any items on private property
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don’t block traffic, park illegally, or block driveways with your vehicle), drive safely, and watch out for children