Winnipeg Police has released numbers from its 2022 Holiday Checkstop program.
- 2,929 vehicles were stopped at police checkstops
- 1/6 of drivers were administered roadside breath tests
- 75 drivers were found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- 28 drivers were charged with criminal impaired driving-related offences
- 47 drivers were handed immediate driving prohibitions
- 96 tickets for other traffic offences
Winnipeg Police also added that the impaired drivers were predominantly men with an average age of 36.