The world’s largest and longest-running multicultural festival runs from July 31 – August 13, 2011 this year.
Fun stats about Folklorama:
* On average, Folklorama receives around 400,000 pavilion visits each year
* About 21% of pavilion visitors come from outside of Winnipeg.
* Typically, more than 3,000 entertainers perform at more than 1,500 shows throughout the two-week festival.
* On average, 600,000 meals are served and 1,000,000 beverages are poured before the conclusion of the festival.
* Approximately 20,000 volunteers participate to make Folklorama possible.
It’s definitely going to be a great one this year! Head to http://www.folklorama.ca for more information.