Target Canada has finally confirmed that it will be opening a store in the Polo Park area in the Fall 2014. Cadillac Fairview, which owns Polo Park Shopping Centre, purchased the large lot where the Canad Inns Stadium (old Blue Bomber Stadium) previously was. Construction for the Polo Park Target location is well underway at the corner of St. Matthews and St. James.
The city is also planning on extending St. Matthews all the way to Route 90 to help with extra traffic the new Target will generate.
The Polo Park store is part of a 9-store nation-wide Canadian expansion set for 2014. Nine store locations will be added to the 124 Target stores that are already open across ten provinces.
The new Target stores that will open in 2014 include:
- The Stockyards, Toronto, Ontario
- Kingsway Mall, Edmonton, Alberta
- Hillside Centre, Victoria, British Columbia
- Erin Mills Town Centre, Mississauga, Ontario
- Park Place, Barrie, Ontario
- Carrefour Candiac, Candiac, Quebec
- St. Laurent, Ottawa, Ontario
- Sheridan Centre, Mississauga, Ontario
- Polo Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba