The city has started work to help open drains in preparation for the spring melt (yes, spring IS coming).
The primary focus of the operation is to clear catch basins for drainage in the driving lane. A parking ban is NOT in effect, however, the parking lane will be cleared if the roadway is free of vehicles – motorists are encouraged to park elsewhere if they want their street to be cleared.
The operation will be done using snow zones.
RESIDENTIAL PLOW AND DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENT OPERATIONS SCHEDULE
- Wednesday, March 19 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
E, I, M, O, S, U
- Wednesday, March 19 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Thursday, March 20
D, G, J, L, N, R, V
- Thursday, March 20 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
C, F, H, K, P, Q, T
- Thursday, March 20 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Friday, March 21
- Friday, March 21 from 7 a.m. to 7p.m. Friday, March 21
If you can’t remember your snow zone, you can find it at knowyourzone.winnipeg.ca.