Starting October 9, 2015 (and just in time for Christmas) Sony is dropping the retail price of the PlayStation 4 to $349 USD from $399 USD.
In Canada, it will translate to a $20 CAD price drop. The suggested retail price will now be $429 CAD from $449 CAD.
Early adopters will remember that the Playstation 4 originally launched for $399 CAD. However, the struggling Canadian dollar forced Sony to bump the price up to $449 CAD.
New Bundle Pricing:
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection bundle – $429 CAD
- Limited Edition Call of Duty Black Ops 3 1TB bundle – $499 CAD
- Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars bundle – $469 CAD
- Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront bundle – $469 CAD
- Star Wars Battlefront bundle – $429 CAD
- NHL 16 bundle (Canada only) – $429 CAD
There will be a lot of PS4 purchases this holiday season. Though our price drop isn’t as great as the one in the US, it’ll still be nice to see an extra $20 in our pockets after the Christmas rush.