The province is once again offering FREE entry to provincial parks during the entire month of February, 2020. Manitobans are encouraged to take advantage of all the activities available in the great outdoors at provincial parks.
“The beauty of our provincial parks does not disappear in winter, so why not take advantage of this great opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors,” Conservation and Climate Minister Sarah Guillemard said. “It’s a great chance to get the family together and leave the hustle and bustle of our busy lives behind to soak up all that our provincial parks have to offer.”
Highlight of events for the month of February include:
- Guided snowshoe treks in Birds Hill Provincial Park on Saturday, Feb. 1
- A skijoring workshop in Spruce Woods Provincial Park on Saturday, Feb. 8
- Wolf howl in Whiteshell Provincial Park on Saturday, Feb. 15
- Guided snowshoe treks in Whiteshell Provincial Park on Sunday, Feb. 2 and Sunday, Feb. 23
- Learn to ice fish session in Whiteshell Provincial Park on Monday, Feb. 17
- A nature detectives program for families with preschool aged children in Birds Hill Provincial Park on Wednesday, Feb. 26
- Winter family fun day at the winter recreation area in Spruce Woods Provincial Park on Saturday, Feb. 22
- A variety of drop-in family activities at the Spruce Woods Visitor Centre throughout the month
Interpretive programs are happening every week in February. More information on www.manitobaparks.com.