Manitobans can now purchase Christmas tree cutting permits online on the e-licensing portal.
“For many families, going into the forest to cut a tree for the holidays is a memorable tradition carried on for generations and for others, it may be their first experience,” said Agriculture and Resource Development Minister Blaine Pedersen. “Our government recognizes the holidays may look different this year from previous years. We want to ensure that Manitobans can access permits safely and securely from home, allowing them to carry on those traditions. Residents can now purchase their Christmas tree permits online using our new e-licensing portal.”
The permit will cost $7.95 + GST, which will allow you to cut a coniferous tree up to three metres high, with a limit of one tree per household. Conditions for the permit include:
- cutting shall be confined to the area stated on the permit,
- the tree shall not be sold or bartered,
- the permit shall be retained by the person in possession of the tree,
- the permit shall be produced for inspection on request by a conservation officer, and
- the permit expires on Dec. 31 in the year it is issued.
Christmas tree permits can be purchased on Manitoba’s e-licensing portal or through the e-licensing call centre at 1-877-880-1203.