Western Canada’s largest winter festival, Le Festival du Voyageur (Festival of the Traveller), is back! It will take place from February 18 – 27, 2022.
This will be the 53rd edition of the 10-day winter festival.
PARC DU VOYAGEUR PRESENTED BY CAISSE FINANCIAL GROUP
An outdoor Parc du Voyageur will be open! Festivalgoers will be able to gather outdoors to participate in a wide variety of activities. You will once again be able to experience all the sights, sounds, and even the comforting odors of woodchips and traditional meals.
- Historical Interpretation at Fort Gibraltar presented by Université de Saint-Boniface
- Concerts in the Boîte à chansons presented by Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries
- Feu d’infinité supported by The Winnipeg Foundation
- Ice Sculpting Workshop presented by Qualico
- Children’s Playground and large slide presented by Manitoba Hydro
- Horse Sleigh Rides and Snowshoeing presented by Cabela’s
- Tente de réchauffement (warmup tent) presented by Cabela’s
- Winter Trading Camp
- Maple Taffy
- Food vendors
- National Snow Sculpting Symposium
- P’tchi Symposium presented by Conseil jeunesse provincial (CJP)
- Souvenirs and merchandise
NEW! Boîte à chansons presented by Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries
Creativity is flowing and rolling! Festival du Voyageur is proud to present its shiny new mobile concert trailer entitled – Boîte à chansons (music box). The trailer now makes it possible to host outdoor concerts while keeping artists warm.
Anticipated schedule at the Parc du Voyageur:
- Saturday, February 19 | 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, February 20 | 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 21 | 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 26 | 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, February 27 | 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
NEW! Feu d’infinité supported by The Winnipeg Foundation
A new gathering place honouring the Red River Métis will be placed at the heart of the Parc du Voyageur. This 12-meter-long structure shaped in the form of the Métis flag’s infinity symbol can accommodate more than 30 people around two campfires.
NEW! Ice Sculpting Workshop presented by Qualico
A brand new ice sculpting workshop will be offered for the first time at this year’s event. Anyone who has ever wanted to try their hand at ice sculpting will have the opportunity at the various daily workshops which will be held at the Parc du Voyageur on February 19, 20, 21, 26 and 27.
Snow Sculpture Symposiums
At the Parc du Voyageur, large blocks of snow will once again be sculpted into unique shapes for all to admire. Teams from various provinces and territories will take part in the National Snow Symposium.
The P’tchi Symposium presented by Conseil jeunesse provincial (CJP) is also making its way back to the park. This symposium was created to help foster the next generation of snow sculptors!