Aaron and Joel Paint Grandmother’s House Originally uploaded by Tobyotter
Take Pride Winnipeg, is a privately owned non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire community pride, raise public awareness and promote citizen responsibility in making the city of Winnipeg clean and beautiful.
They are currently running a Brush Up Winnipeg campaign that will paint the exterior of 20 houses for free.
Homeowners are encouraged to apply for Brush Up Winnipeg if they meet the following criteria:
- Your house must be within the City of Winnipeg
- You must be 65 years of age or older or have a permanent disability, and own and reside in the home that needs painting. If you are under 65 years of age, you must provide proof of your income.
- Your home must be a single family dwelling that you occupy yourself.
- The house must be structurally sound and not in need of major repairs.
- Because we are volunteers, we cannot paint homes higher than two stories.
Today is the last day to apply. You can apply here.